At 613 Avenue Create this week, it’s Anything Goes with the optional twist of using our Create Your Own Challenge chart. We have 2 sponsors this week: Delicious Doodles and Creative Bug. Do check out the challenge blog to see what my teammates created and we’d love for you to join us!
For my project, I went with a mixed media card, with the wild rose digi image from Delicious Doodles. I used stickles, sentiment, stencil, embossing, flowers, and watercolor from the chart. Here’s a step-by-step. (I’ll see if I can shoot a video showing how to make a card like this in the next few days. I actually made this card based on the birthday card I made for Kylie.)
1. Print image on cardstock. Color with Spectrum Noir markers, fussy cut, and set aside.
2. Stamp background text where image will be positioned. (Here I used jet black archival ink on an OTC script stamp and a STAMPlorations text stamp.)
3. Place 12×12 Specimen stencil (The Crafter’s Workshop) over card base (140-lb cold-press watercolor paper by Canson). Smoosh some mustard seed distress ink on mat and with a very wet brush, paint ink through the stencil.
4. Place a 6×6 Sketch Grid stencil (TCW) over card base. Tint modeling paste (Liquitex) with scattered straw distress ink on mat and apply onto stencil, being careful to stencil just on the two sides and top of the card. Allow to dry. (Or if you’re like me, you’ll bust out the heat tool and zap the whole thing dry in a few minutes.)
6. Smoosh spiced marmalade distress ink on mat and water it down. Loosely watercolor it onto the card, letting it pool where the modeling paste has dried. With a sponge, lightly apply ink all around the card.
7. Mount image on card base with foam tape. (For added interest, I partially stamped the script stamp on the image too.) Finish the card by applying Diamond stickles on the flowers.
The current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #83 was my inspiration for this card’s layout. (I’m most likely pushing it a bit with the “clean” part, but it is quite a simple card to put together.) Since I used markers to color my focal image, I can enter my card to Addicted to Stamps and More #102 – Make Your Mark. Over at Country View Challenges, it’s “Stencil It!” for July. I’m also entering my card to Sister Act Card Challenge #64 – Anything Goes.
My card also doubles as a reminder card for two challenges I’m part of: TIME OUT Challenges, where we’d love to see projects inspired by the phrase, “fun in the sun” (I went with fun yellow colors in my card, and those flowers look bright and happy to me) and The Mixed Media Card Challenge, where our theme this month is “Touch of Nature.” I hope you’ll check out both challenges!
When I made this card a couple of days ago, it was because I needed to add to my “Thank You” stash…you never know when you’re going to need this kind of card. “When” came a lot sooner! Yesterday, I had the most wonderful birthday, thanks to the girls in the STAMPlorations design team: Cornelia, Debra, Kylie, Maria F., Monika, Nonni, Sandie, Shirley, and Vicki. With Nonni orchestrating the whole thing (and giving me a big scare by telling me the blog was hacked), I had a ball looking at the cards they made for me and getting to know a little bit more about them when it comes to what they like to read! So until my thank you cards get to you, ladies, this card will have to stand in :o)
Thanks so much for stopping by!